The beauty world has been in a frenzy of excitement since Rihanna officially launched her Fenty Beauty line at Sephora & Harvey Nichols locations world wide.
With 40 diverse foundation shades, categorized into Light, Medium, Tan & Dark, some makeup lovers are a bit confused about how to find their right shade. Here are 10 tips that can help:
1.Don’t rely solely on online swatches only, head to Sephora or Harvey Nichols!
There’s a 75% chance they have your shade but you’d rather be on twitter complaining before giving it a chance https://t.co/fDmMp1gg3q
— Arnell (@arnellarmon) September 8, 2017
2. If you go shade matching in person, wait a minute or two for the foundation to oxidize
When you go to test, DEFINITELY wait a minute or two for it to oxidize bc when I first apply it it looks too light but it isn’t
— Alissa Ashley (@alissa_ashleyy) September 9, 2017
3. Trying to decide between two shades? Pick the lighter shade since it oxidizes
Can’t go in store? Use both swatches & full face videos before making a decision. For reference here are the shade matches of different beauty vloggers
7. Swatches on a NW 48/50 in MAC skintone
— Christina (@stylebytina923) September 8, 2017
8. Shade Matches of dark skinned models & vloggers
FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT JACKIE AINA IS SHADE 420, LEOMIE ANDERSON IS 430, AND NYMA TANG IS 490 IN FENTY BEAUTY FOR REFERENCE!!!!! pic.twitter.com/VurxlnpClX
— oat armor knee (@Iaetitiacasta) September 8, 2017
9. Swatches of the 400’s and 300’s by @xOniko
10. MakeupbyShaniah: Shade in 450
- It is a light to medium coverage foundation but is buildable.
- It’s a matte foundation. Dry skin beauties, be aware.
- The foundation is geared towards everyday wear.
So excited to see Rihanna’s line cater to different skin tones! What are your thoughts?